Monday 28 May 2018

Invasive aquatic plants


CRE Laurentides wants to remind us, once again, of the steps we need to take to prevent the arrival and propagation of nasty invasive plant species in our lake. They can wipe out local, indigenous species and cover the lake edge with meters of their splodgy selves. Best avoided.

At each entrance gate, we have a black-and-white poster with a red band across it, outlining ways we can protect our lake. I suggest everyone take another look at it. It's been there so long, is may have become slightly invisible (I know I barely notice ours).

Below is the poster put out by CRE Laurentides last year. I posted it last fall and...here it is again! As with the one at the gate, I suggest you take a gander at this one, too. Spread the word to guests, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment